Invisalign Vs. Braces
Wearing braces is an unappealing thought to many people, whether it’s due to concerns of their effect on their smiles or the discomfort level associated with it. Whatever the situation, it could be mitigated by using the Invisalign treatment, a generally viable alternative to traditional orthodontic treatments.
Invisalign is capable of addressing many of the same issues as braces do. These include:
- Tooth gaps
- Open bite
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
Unlike braces, which require metal brackets interlinked by wires to be attached to your teeth, the Invisalign treatment requires the user to wear comfortable, plastic, and uniquely customized aligner trays that will help gradually shape your smile into the ideal dental arch.
The Benefits Of Invisalign
Dr. Dukes is regarded as one of the top Invisalign specialists in Santa Barbara County and has helped many patients achieve the smile they have always wanted with this revolutionary, low-discomfort level, comfortable Invisalign treatment.
However, Invisalign’s virtually invisible aesthetic and comfort level is not the sole reason that so many patients prefer this treatment. The ability to remove the Invisalign apparatus permits several other key advantages, including:
- Far fewer restrictions in terms of food consumed.
- Easier daily tooth maintenance
- Engage in everyday life activities, including your favorite sports, without concern about the damage being incurred to the Invisalign trays.
● Discarding the aligner every couple of weeks in order to move on to the next custom-molded set.
● Seamlessly shifting teeth and bite formation into the ideal position by wearing the aligner between 20 to 22 hours daily.
● Fewer office visits (every 6 to 8 weeks to be evaluated and pick up the next set of aligners), while braces typically require a monthly orthodontic visit.
The Invisalign Process
The typical process of Invisalign treatment is as follows:
● Consultation: The process starts with a meeting with Dr. Walter Dukes for a consultation during which he will discuss your smile and bit concerns, what needs to be addressed, and evaluate your X-rays to inform you if you are the right candidate for the Invisalign treatment. Additionally, he will let you know about other orthodontic options available to you, including metal or clear braces.
● Mapping Your Teeth And Determining A Treatment Plan: The traditional way of getting jaw molding was to have the patient bite into unappealing putty, but that is not the case here. Your mouth will be digitally scanned, and Dr. Walter Dukes will use this scan to map out your treatment from start to finish. In that way, the treatment for your teeth will be precisely customized to your needs, and the digital map of your mouth will be used as a road map for Invisalign’s lab to create customized plastic aligners.
● First Set Of Aligners: Your next appointment will be scheduled based on when your aligners are ready, and once you come in, Dr. Walter Dukes will test the aligners to make sure that they work. He will also go over with you the correct way to take them off and put them back on. Our team will ensure that any of your questions regarding the Invisalign aligners are addressed and then schedule your next appointment.
● Routine Office Visits: During every 6 to 8 weeks of regularly scheduled appointments, you will receive a new batch of Invisalign aligners. It is entirely normal to experience tightness and pressure for a few days after starting the treatment with your first aligner, as they will begin to move your teeth.
● Final Results: There is no surprise at the end of the Invisalign treatment. The aligners are clear, and you will be removing them for several hours daily, which means you will see the progress all along the way with your own eyes. Having said that, once the Invisalign treatment has started, it is crucial to complete it.