Exceptional Invisalign Treatment
in Santa Barbara, CA
in Santa Barbara, CA
The smile you want, the way you want so you can be confident and get your life back
Customized for Your Unique Smile
We understand it’s hard to live and laugh fully when smiling is no fun.
With over three decades of experience, we love helping people feel more confident with dazzling smiles.
Three Easy Steps to
a Dazzling Smile
Give us a call to schedule your one-on-one consultation.
We will get to know you and create an affordable plan for your gorgeous new smile.
Thrive with your healthy, beautiful, and confident smile.
Santa Barbara Invisalign Clear Braces Specialist
MEET DR. DUKES – TOP INVISALIGN DENTIST
Dr. Walter Dukes graduated from the Creighton University School of Dentistry in 1978, where he was awarded the Mosby Award, a distinction awarded to the top four students in his graduating class. Dr. Dukes believes that everyone deserves the best care, and constantly strives to ensure that each patient he meets receives the highest quality of care possible. He constantly pursues post-graduate education through continuing education courses and has achieved a number of board certifications, including:
- Preceptorship: Orofacial Pain (UCLA School of Dentistry)
- Fellowship in the American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain
- Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Certified – CEREC Dentistry
- Certified – Invisalign® (Preferred Provider)
- Certified – Nobel Biocare® Implant Dentistry
- Certified LANAP® Clinician
- Certified – Biomimetic Dentistry (The Alleman Center)
Clear Braces & Teeth Straightening
Straighten Your Teeth Without Pain
Faster Than Traditional Braces
Although it may take anywhere from 24 to 36 months for conventional braces, Invisalign usually only lasts up to 18 months. Also, very few follow up adjustment appointments are needed for Invisalign, granting you additional time for your day to day life.
No Limitations On Food
Traditional braces contain a lengthy list of food that should be avoided, such as chewing gum, popcorn, foods that require extensive chewing, sugary candy, and more. On the other hand, Invisalign aligners are detachable, allowing you to enjoy all of your favorite foods without stressing about your teeth straightening treatment being disrupted.
Schedule Your Appointment
Ready to love laughing? Our cutting edge technology makes it possible.
Top Invisalign Specialist In Santa Barbara
Discreetly straighten crooked teeth with Invisalign in Santa Barbara.
If you have crooked teeth or gaps in your smile, you may be considering seeing an orthodontist. However, many patients hesitate when it comes to traditional metal braces and would prefer a more discreet alternative.
Fortunately, Invisalign® offers an excellent solution and you don’t have to see an orthodontist to get it. These smooth, clear aligner trays are virtually invisible, and they can address a variety of teeth straightening needs.
As a Premier Provider of Invisalign in Santa Barbara, CA since 2009, Dr. Walter Dukes and the team at Mesa Dental can design a treatment plan that is entirely tailored to your needs, we welcome patients from Santa Barbara, Montecito, Goleta, Summerland and the surrounding communities.
Frequently Asked Invisalign Questions
Invisalign is an orthodontics system designed to address crooked teeth, overlapping teeth, gapped teeth and several forms of misalignment. Whereas braces exert pressure on teeth using metal brackets and wires, Invisalign features a series of clear, plastic aligner trays. Each set of removable aligners shifts your teeth into their proper position, and you can graduate from one to the next about every two weeks. Aligners should be worn for 20 to 22 hours each day and should only be removed when you eat, brush or floss your teeth. Some Invisalign wearers remove them for certain social events, as well. As long as you wear the aligners at least 20 hours per day, Invisalign can straighten your teeth.
You may qualify for Invisalign if you are struggling with:
- Crooked teeth
- Overlapping teeth
- Gaps in your smile
- Open bite
Keep in mind that Invisalign is not right for everyone. More severe bite-related issues may be better suited for traditional braces. Your dentist can perform a thorough examination of your smile to determine whether treatment is right for you. Invisalign features smooth, clear aligners that are virtually invisible.
Invisalign is becoming increasingly popular among teens and adults. It offers several noteworthy advantages to traditional braces, including:
- Comfort: Metal wires and brackets can irritate your cheeks, gums, and lips. The smooth Invisalign retainers are much more comfortable to wear than braces.
- Shorter Timeline: Although the exact length of treatment will vary from patient to patient, Invisalign can often realign your bite in about 12 months. Braces can take anywhere from 18 to 24 months.
- Aesthetics: Aligners are made of advanced SmartTrack® material, which is virtually invisible. As such, you will never have to feel self-conscious during treatment. With Invisalign, you can actually look better during and after treatment!
- Predictability: Treatment is mapped out digitally in the planning stage. Patients can preview the results of their treatment and feel confident in their decision to pursue Invisalign teeth straightening.
- Better Health: Straight teeth are easier to clean than teeth that are crooked, overlapping or misaligned. Teeth cleaning is critical to your dental health. As a result, you can maintain a good oral hygiene routine and enjoy better oral health after treatment.
- No Dietary Restrictions: Braces limit your ability to eat certain foods, such as sticky foods and crunchy snacks, which can break wires and brackets. Since Invisalign aligners are removable, you can eat all of your favorite foods during treatment. For an even more dramatic transformation, you may also combine Invisalign with other cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as teeth whitening, tooth-colored fillings or cosmetic bonding.
“Mesa Dental goes above and beyond. A friendly and talented staff, paired with a comfortable setting combine for an excellent experience.” ~ Daniel J.
The first step of treatment involves an initial consultation, during which Dr. Dukes can assess the position of your teeth and the relationship between your jaws. Using an iTero® digital scanner, we can take 3-D images of your smile, which we will use to plan your treatment. Dr. Dukes can map out the incremental movement of your teeth to ensure predictable results. He will then send the scans of your smile to the Invisalign lab, where they will be used to fabricate your customized aligners.
In most cases, patients can graduate from one set of Invisalign aligners to the next every few weeks, and they will require between 18 and 30 aligners. You will need to schedule follow-up visits to our office throughout treatment so we can monitor your progress and make adjustments as needed.
- 1809 Cliff Drive, Suite D
Santa Barbara, CA 93109